In response to the accelerating set of security risks and threats to critical infrastructure sectors, the US Government’s National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) was directed to create a cybersecurity framework (CSF) for public and private organizations to use to assess their security practices and controls and to support continual improvement. The NIST cybersecurity framework (CSF) was published in 2014 and critical infrastructure sectors are expected to adopt these practices no later than 2022.
This APMG accredited training program is targeted at IT and Cybersecurity professionals looking to become certified on how to operationalize the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) across an enterprise and its supply chain. The NCSF Practitioner program teaches the knowledge to prepare for the NCSF Practitioner exam plus the skills and abilities to design, build, test, manage and improve a cybersecurity program based on the NCSF.
What You Will Accomplish
- Learn how the NCSF helps you identify, assess, and manage cybersecurity risk
- Learn to develop a roadmap and scorecard for assessing and improving your cybersecurity risk management approach
- Develop engineering, technology, and business centers to implement the FasTrack Model
- Prioritize investments to maximize positive impact
- Build cybersecurity and cyber risk scorecards and roadmaps
- Be able to answer the question – are we secure?
Who Should Attend
Risk Managers, Security Managers, CISOs, all IT staff with security management responsibilities, business relationship managers, business leadership with responsibility for security practices and assurance.
Course Length: 4 days
- Course Introduction
- Course Organization
- Setting the Stage
- Digital Transformation
- DX as a Practitioner
- DX in the Context of Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity as a DX Catalyst
- Threat Landscape
- Threat Actors: Agile & Creative
- Organizational Response to Threat Landscape
- Absolute Prevention Not Possible
- The Controls
- Initiation & Basic
- Organizational & Recovery
- Adopt & Adapt
- The Context of Adopt & Adapt
- Cybersecurity & Culture
- Where We Are?
- Adaptive Way of Working
- Introduction to Adaptive Way to Work
- How to Get Started
- Rapid Adoption
- Rapid Adaptation
- CIIS as a Practice
- Ongoing Practice of Cybersecurity
- NIST 7-step Improvement
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
- Integrate Cybersecurity